Friends of Waimanalo
Lifting our Community one Trade at a time.
Founded in Hawaiian traditions, Friends of Waimanalo is a non-profit
organization to promote a workforce development resource center to inspire,
educate and train future generations and at-risk community members in the
areas of Build and Trades, Multi Media and Hawaiian Cultural Education.
Friends of Waimanalo at a Glance
Friends of Waimanalo is a Non-Profit 501(c)3 Organization with a focus on Workforce Development for our Communities. We have established 3 main Trades Academies to help our people; Build & Trades, Hawaiian Culture and Multi Media.
We take on the biggest challenges because we know that when our people go through their challenges they need someone there to help lift them up and guide them.
Basic Trades Academy
At Friends of Waimanalo, we are dedicated to stepping up our efforts in addressing workplace safety and community Emergency Response. We are always striving to make a difference, and invite you to learn more and lend your support.
Agriculture For Healthy Soils and Food
With this initiative, our goal is to promote Agribusiness for the local farmers on a commercial level utilizing regenerative and organic farming practices to promote healthy soils and nutrient dense foods.
Our program trains and certifies farmers in basic and advanced farming practices, use of farm equipment and the utilization of lands.
Passport Training Program
In 2023, Friends of Waimanalo conducted it's Passport Training Program providing various vertical lift and Occupational Safety training programs. Over 120 students were reached in the first 6 months.
Friends of Waimanalo continues the training and added CDL courses and Agricultural Training.
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together"
Vincent van Gogh
- Sun, Jun 06WaimānaloJun 06, 2021, 7:00 PMWaimānalo, Waimānalo, HI 96795, USA
- Mon, May 31Waimanalo BeachMay 31, 2021, 7:00 PMWaimanalo Beach, Waimanalo Beach, HI, USAMay 31, 2021, 7:00 PMWaimanalo Beach, Waimanalo Beach, HI, USAFriends of Waimanalo is taking our Ka'ihekauila Wa'a Kaulua back into dry dock to refurbish the wood and hulls and put new lashings. The wa'a is due by our community for special events and for our educational programs with various schools educating students from 3 years old to 17.
- Wed, May 26WaimānaloMay 26, 2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PMWaimānalo, 41 Ilauhole St, Waimānalo, HI 96795, USA
- Tue, May 18WaimānaloMay 18, 2021, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PMWaimānalo, Waimānalo, HI 96795, USAMay 18, 2021, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PMWaimānalo, Waimānalo, HI 96795, USAFriends of Waimanalo is renovating a formerly used Handivan Bus to provide a Waimanalo Senior Citizens Shuttle bus to create easier mobility for our disabled Kupuna to get to their medial appointments and to do errands with in the Ahupua'a of Waimanalo.
- Sat, Apr 24Waimanalo BeachApr 24, 2021, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PMWaimanalo Beach, Waimanalo Beach, HI, USAApr 24, 2021, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PMWaimanalo Beach, Waimanalo Beach, HI, USAFriends of Waimanalo Multimedia Team helps support one of Waimanalo's own who has given tot he community for many years his musical gift. His Father Gabby has always been a fixture in Hawaiian Slack Key music and it's our honor to continue one the perpetuation of Hawaiian Music through Cyril Pahinui
- Tue, Apr 20MailiApr 20, 2021, 7:00 PM – May 23, 2021, 8:24 AMMaili, Maili, HI 96792, USA
- Tue, Feb 09MailiFeb 09, 2021, 7:00 PM – Mar 27, 2021, 11:00 PMMaili, Maili, HI 96792, USA
- Tue, Jan 05Kamehameha Schools MailiJan 05, 2021, 8:00 AM – May 23, 2021, 8:03 AMKamehameha Schools Maili, CA, USA
- Mon, Aug 30HonoluluAug 30, 2021, 7:00 PM – Dec 18, 2021, 11:00 PMHonolulu, 1564 N King St, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA